Are you looking for a software that will improve your productivity? Are you looking for a way to communicate and work at your firm?
You might want to explore it a bit more. Ensuring that you invest in the right platform for a longer interval is something this will help to do.
Is it a good choice for your business to use microsoft office? Will it be the right investment?
We will help you make the right decision by showing you features and benefits.
What is SharePoint?
“Microsoft SharePoint Online is a web-based platform that can be used for a variety of purposes. It works with Microsoft Office to share and store files. It’s a content and document management system.”
There is a secure workspace for organizations to coordinate and communicate. You can build tasks, track schedules, and get details about the projects.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365 as admin and choose the app that you want to use.
- Click on the page you want to create in the left-vertical pane.
- The team site should be chosen.
- You can choose the design of your website.
- correct details include name and description
- Click on Finish to complete the setup.
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
“They are used as a containing space for your members’ lists. The ability to have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner is offered by SharePoint. Users have access to the documents and content once they click on the library.”
The best way to use the document library is by using this method.
- The Documents can be chosen in the left-vertical pane.
- To add new items, you must choose new. In the current library folder, you can drag and Drop files.
- To open a Microsoft Office file in the app, you have to select it.
- Modern web apps allow you to change the file with other people. You have the ability to check out a file and stop others from working on it at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, and remove items from a list.
2. SharePoint Workflows
There is a set of decisions and tasks that give you the right outcomes. The execution of standard business processes are handled by them. If you want to save time and effort, you can use a set of templates in SharePoint. Consistency and efficiency will be gained through this.
There are different roles in the system.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
The basic feature allows users to enter and execute searches. The recent website and any sub-sites have a scope of search. The application processes the query and returns results that match the queries.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages might be found in the search results. Permissions, previous searches, and the context in responding to your queries are required by the search engine in Microsoft Sharepoint online. If you add words to the search query box, it will return solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
The host gets features to store, group, modify, filter, and capture vital data about the content stored. The library can be used to store the content in the data.
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
There are many components that support project management in the template.
- The summary of the project.
- The task schedule.
- The task list.
- “There’s a calendar”
- There is a document library
- There are features in built-in task management.
It is convenient to handle tasks and projects hassle-free with this method.
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
“The features, pros, and cons of SharePoint have been provided to you. It’s perfect for businesses of all sizes that need team collaboration for projects.”